Leading Minds Executive Coaching Associate
Ryan Stelzer is an executive coach, management consultant, and certified crisis counselor specializing in both individual and organizational performance improvement.
Through , Ryan empowers executives, mid-career professionals, and entry-level team members to develop as leaders capable of driving and implementing long-term change, both personally and professionally. He also assists clients as they navigate complex career transitions, enabling them to take positive steps in the direction that is most beneficial to their sustained success.
Through a combination of open-ended questions, exploratory conversations, and practical exercises, Ryan guides his clients to identify their core challenges and develop sustainable action plans for the future. His clients will not only be more productive and engaged while at work, they will be empowered as agents of change capable of innovating and driving industry-changing solutions.
Along with Dr. David Brendel, Ryan is the co-founder of , a coaching and consulting practice that specializes in developing high-performing teams and organizations. Before co-founding Strategy of Mind with Dr. Brendel, Ryan hung his cap at State Street as a management consultant in the Finance division, working on a transformation project within the organization.
Prior to his work in consulting, Ryan served at The White House as a Presidential Management Fellow during the Obama Administration, where his team was responsible for improving and sustaining high levels of performance across federal agencies. Before this, Ryan worked as a Special Assistant to the Chairman of the Export-Import Bank, where his tasks ranged from strategy to communications to speech writing to operations.
Ryan has delivered a TEDx Talk and written articles for various publications. He holds a master’s degree from the University of Chicago and undergraduate degrees with distinction from Boston University and the University of Cambridge in the UK. He received his crisis counseling certification from Crisis Text Line in New York City.
Along with Dr. David Brendel, Ryan is the co-author of the upcoming book Death by Numbers: Finding Quality of Life in a Quantitative Age to be released with in 2020.
Media and Press:
- To see the value and role of empathy at work and in our personal lives, see Ryan’s piece in The Washington Post: “A chance encounter serves as a reminder to give people a chance”
- Watch Ryan’s TEDx Talk, which he co-authored with Dr. Brendel, on the role of philosophy and a broad humanities education at work
- Read Ryan’s article for the LinkedIn editorial team about the value of Role Charters when assessing organizational change: How to Know Your Role at Work
- To better understand one’s purpose when heading to work in the morning, read Ryan’s recent article on value and meaning at the office: What’s Your Philosophy for Going to Work?
- If you’ve ever wondered what role philosophy can have in starting a business, read the piece Ryan wrote with legendary fashion designer Brunello Cucinelli: How Aristotle Built a Luxury Brand
- Read more about Ryan and his unique background in Boston Voyager: “Meet Ryan Stelzer of Strategy of Mind”
- If you haven’t already, check out Ryan and Dr. Brendel’s viral article for the LinkedIn editorial team: Why I Left Management Consulting to Start a Philosophy Company
For more about Ryan, please email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.