About Leading Minds Executive Coaching
Dr. David Brendel's Associates
Meet the providers in the Leading Minds Executive Coaching practice. In addition to Dr. David Brendel, there are three other coaching professionals who work with clients directly and behind the scenes to deliver outstanding coaching services: Emmie Stamell, Allison Abrams, Stefan Kalt, and Ryan Stelzer.
A Track Record of Excellence at the Highest Levels. Dr. Brendel’s educational background and career achievements reflect his deep commitment to understanding human experience and to helping others face human challenges so that they can thrive in all aspects of their lives.
Building on his medical training and doctoral work in philosophy, Dr. Brendel became a leading psychiatrist and hospital executive. Dr. Brendel is also an author with articles in publications such as Psychology Today, Harvard Business Review, and Huffington Post.
With Leading Minds, he applies his background and expertise to his work as a certified executive coach, corporate team coach, management consultant, crisis management specialist, and philosophical counselor. His passion in all these endeavors is to help others deepen their capacity for self-reflection and thereby enhance their capacity to succeed at the highest level in their work and personal lives. Download Dr. Brendel’s CV
David Brendel, MD, PhD
Author of several important Executive and Career coaching models, Dr. Brendel’s ground-breaking work on the Human Quotient has been featured in the Huffington Post. Dr. Brendel has also developed several other models including the PITTA Model for Executive Coaching, the SANE model for Philosophy and Coaching, and the 4-M Wellness and Stress Management Model.
Radio Show Host
Leading Minds with Dr. David Brendel aired on the VoiceAmerica Empowerment channel.
Interviews / Quoted In
I have done a great deal of public speaking on all my professional interests.
Some of my recent speeches have focused on my overall approach to executive coaching, the relationship between coaching and psychiatry, the relevance of philosophical counseling to coaching, the ethics of coaching, and the role of the Internet and social media in coaching practice.
Please call me at (617) 932-1548 or email me at Media@DrDavidBrendel.com if you would like to book a media appearance, a speech, or a talk for members of your executive team or other colleagues.
I think he has a nice interpersonal style, perhaps one that results from his clinical training. It can be a nice counterpoint to the often aggressive, extroverted nature many business people have.
Sales Manager, Software Industry
Having a neutral sounding board allows me to reflect on sensitive internal matters. David also helps me crystallize my thoughts without putting words in my mouth.
CTO, Biotech Industry
Dr. Brendel’s background in psychology, philosophy, and executive coaching enables him to approach his work from a number of different perspectives. He is flexible and participatory; he works with you to find pragmatic solutions that yield the best possible results.
Philosophical counseling client
I have worked with thousands of top tier leadership and executive-level executive coaches over the past 15 years. David is in the top 1% of the coaches with whom I have worked. He is masterful in his approach.
Director of the Center for Executive Coaching
I am a female in-house attorney for a mid-size national corporation in the construction industry. I called on David to help me find my way in my role and to improve my relationships with my management, co-workers, and staff. He was the perfect coach for my needs.
RC, Boston, MA
Pictures for Media Use
Overview of Dr. Brendel’s Experience and Credentials
- B.A. summa cum laude, Yale University
- M.D., Harvard Medical School
- Ph.D. in philosophy, University of Chicago
• Fellowship, Harvard University Center for Ethics and the Professions • Full Certification, Center for Executive Coaching (affiliate of the International Coach Federation) • Full Certification, American Philosophical Practitioners Association
Executive Leadership Positions
• Chair, Institutional Review Board (IRB), McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School (2006-10) • Associate Medical Director, The Pavilion at McLean Hospital (2002-10) • Medical Director, Walden Behavioral Care (2011-12)
• Healing Psychiatry: Bridging the Science/Humanism Divide (MIT Press) • Medical Professionalism in the Age of Online Social Networking (Journal of Medical Ethics) • Physicians in Cyberspace: New Dilemmas in Medicine (Footnote)
• Excellence in Teaching Award, The Academy at Harvard Medical School • Best Doctors in America Award Oxford University Press • Dr. Sirgay Sanger Psychiatry Award, Harvard Medical School
More About Dr. David Brendel and His Current Professional Services
• Private practice of psychiatry in Boston & Belmont (See Dr. David Brendel’s Schedule on ZocDoc) • Dr. David Brendel MD on HealthGrades • Leading Minds Executive Coaching • More About Dr. David Brendel